Monday 19 September 2016

I Always Had Passion For Acting, It Was Always My Childhood Dream - Godiva


Meet Actress and Singer, Godiva Jackson. 
Excerpt is the full interview for your reading pleasure:
Please can you introduce yourself?
I am Godiva Jackson, I read Linguistics and Communication Studies. I am 32 years and single from Agbor in Delta State. I am a Nollywood Actress. I have featured in series of movies.
How would you describe life as a Actress and Singer?
Life as an actress is very demanding due to public pressure, handling the fame, criticism and a whole lot. Life as a singer is on the same line but a little pleasant due to the joy of making music and listening afterwards.
Have you ever served as Ambassador for any brand?
No
You are a very active and busy woman, do you still have time to do things like cooking and washing at the home?
Yes I do. I derive pleasure in cooking. Why not? I am a woman (laugh)
Looking back, do you have any regrets and things you would have love to do differently?
No regrets. I am contended with the way things are going so far, though it would have been better if it came smoother but "the end justifies the means" they say.
What is your take on the lack of dress etiquette in our society? Many people say you have a unique sense of fashion. What defines your style?
Dress the way you want to be addressed they say but I think its about being happy and comfortable with your dressing. If it rocks your boat why not? As for me I dress according to my mood, the occasion, and of course my pocket (laugh)
Let us talk about your work as an actress and singer, how did you get your breakthrough in Nollywood? How has the journey been?
I always had passion for acting, it was always my childhood dream due to loads of ideas I always developed as a kid. As I grew up I kept looking for opportunities. I started acting locally in Lagos about 10 years ago. The journey hasn't particularly been easy but change is constant, it's been growing. Right now, I'm working my new music video, titled "Dancia".
Any plans to go into politics?
No
What does it take to be a successful Actress?
A lot, that is a very broad topic but basically I'd say staying real and focused is key. Determination, hard work, devotion, sacrifice, patience. A whole lot.
We hear a lot of talk about sexual harassment or sex for roles. How true is this and have you ever been a victim?
I have no idea as I have not been a part of or indulged in such. Maybe my luck (laugh). We hear rumours but you know what they say about rumours (laugh)
A lot of people look up to you as a role model, who do you look up to?
I look up to God. I admire Rita Dominic I must say.
Can you tell us some of your plans for 2017?
2017? More work, I plan breaking into places that seem far fetched right now.
What gave u inspiration for Dancia? Or is it because of our economic recession in the country?
It's a song of hope. Yes the economy isn't favourable right now so I thought of giving people the reason to smile.
How many films have you featured in?
I featured in: Lust in romance;The Sneak River, 1 and 2; 3 Daughters of Eli; Ojuelegba; Igwe Nkata 1 and 2; Golden Chance and lots more.
My very first single is titled (killing me) and now I just dropped Dancia, the video will be coming out soon, lots more single to be dropped soon
How can your fans reach out to you?
My Facebook name is: Godiva Jackson; Twitter handle is @proiva; Instagram is: ivalongora
Final words for your fans?
To my fans I'd say look up to God first, differentiate right from wrong and also recognise that we (celebrities) are humans. When looking up to us, look at our pluses and allow the minuses take care of themselves.(Laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment